Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Totally Easy Breakfast

On this rainy Minnesota day, all we wanted was comfort food. When you wake up to the big gloppy (is that a word) rain/snow mixture, it's just depressing. So the hubby and I decided that we needed a real breakfast, none of this cereal junk. Here's the easiest fritatta ever:

Shred potatoes (I used 4 of those small potatoes from the bottom of the big bag)

Saute these up in 2 Tbs of butter, 2 Tbs of Mrs Dash, 2 Tbs of Onion Flakes (this is the longest process, it takes about 15 - 20 minute but don't turn up the heat, you don't want these too browned)

While these are sauteing, crack and scramble up 5 eggs. You need the extra egg to ensure the fritatta like finished product.

When the potatoes are done, turn the heat down (I put it on 3), add another Tbs of butter and add the eggs over the potatoes, cover.

In two minutes, add some Veggie Shreds (I used Monterrey Jack flavor) or regular cheese to taste.

Things I will do differently next time - I will add a little jalapeno pepper and instead of onion flakes, I will take the time to cut up a real onion. The hubby said some bacon would be good on his side.

Total time was 30 minutes, 10 min prep and 20 minute of cooking.

Bon Appetit

In three more minutes it's done, slice and serve...delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment