Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gotta love Amy

This isn't a recipe from scratch but my husband says it's the best...A few weeks ago roasts were on sale, buy one get one, so I did. Into the crockpot it went and he had roast. Now mind you the roast was over 3 lbs for one person so most of it was frozen. I pulled some apart and thought it would make great bbq. I froze it and went on the search for gluten free BBQ sauce. Lo and behold Amy has come through with a BBQ sauce that my husband couldn't believe was gluten and dairy free. I had to go check the bottle again to ensure I read it correctly because he raved about it so.

All I did was empty the bottle onto the pulled roast, put the burner on 1 for 90 minutes and the flavor seeped into the roast meat. You want the BBQ sauce to cover all portions of the meat with a little extra so it doesn't dry out.

Add the homemade fries and you are good to go with a great recipe for lunch.

I had the Boca Veggie Burger and we had a wonderful spring picnic lunch today!!!

Bon Appetit...

No comments:

Post a Comment