Monday, March 9, 2009

Loaded Baked Potato

The end of the week was finishing off the potatoes from the sale. Well, it was supposed to be finishing them off. I did bake them and they looked delicious but we couldn't eat them....

So we baked the potatoes until they were done. 1 hour at 420 degrees. I baked 6 potatoes because they were the little ones from the bag.

While they were cooking I cleaned broccoli, asparagus and fried up some bacon (for Robb of course) and crumbled it up.

I cut the potatoes in half, three per plate, added butter.

Then covered them with the fixings, leaving off the bacon from my dish. Some Jack and Cheddar cheese (we use Veggie Shreds) completed the ensemble.

The cheese needed to melt so I just put the plates into the oven and turned it on broil. They were only supposed to be in there a few minutes but I came out and sat on the couch for a minute. The plate cracking in the oven was what reminded me that I had dinner still cooking....yep a clean break through the plate so no loaded potatoes for us but they did look phenomenal.

We headed out to the Mexican place around to corner to get rid of our sadness. Anyway, it was a gluten and dairy free dinner if you want to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment