Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet Potato Delight

I know you guys are going to think I am crazy but this was truly delish!!!

1 sweet potato cooked and peeled, sliced 1/2" slices
1 banana, sliced in half and length wise
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
4 Tablespoon of nuts
1 - 2 Tablespoons of Honey or Syrup

Heat oil in sauce pan 2 - 3 minutes on medium heat (5)
Place the banana (flat side down)and sweet potatoes in the skillet and cover
Cook for 2 minutes
Start a smaller skillet on another burner warming at level 4
Remove lid from original skillet and cook another 5 minutes (do NOT flip, you want one side fried and one side not)
Roast the nuts in the smaller skillet - stirring constantly
be careful these will burn quickly if left unattended

Place the banana/sweet potatoes on plate, browned side up
Drizzle with honey or syrup
Top with nuts

This is delish! However, I think we needed a double recipe for my DH and myself.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment