Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why this blog was created

They say you can't choose who is the one true love for your life. I would never have guessed that my true love would have allergies to the outdoors and to food. He has a wheat allergy and a dairy allergy so my cooking passion must change to accommodate. At first I was at a loss, what can I cook, what will make him sick, what type of diet do we go on, it was very stressful. I was scared that anything I would cook would send him over the edge and into migraine headache world and in fact I learned that there are many things that cause the allergy to flare up. Yes, I learned the hard way and it was hard on both of us, my guilt and his pain. But I think we have it down now, only when he doesn't know about foods will he get a flare up. For instance, meatballs that look perfectly round mean they are probably the frozen kind, thus filled with fillers that have wheat. We basically are eating the diet for Celiac Disease with the added bonus of no dairy. However, thanks to soy, we have soy cheese, milk and yogurt to be able to cook with also. What you will find in this blog are recipes we have tried and liked. We will share what we liked about the recipe and what we changed from the original recipe. We may also share that which didn't work for us and why. You may have some ideas to make it better and help others along the way. We are excited to share our journey with you. We hope you will gain a new lease on life and be able to enjoy eating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment